Please observe the following instructions for your surgery at Parkway Surgery Center:
- Please arrive to Parkway Surgery Center at your scheduled time. Please be sure to bring your registration paperwork, photo ID, insurance card, and form of payment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is easily removed for your convenience. If you wear contacts, we highly suggest that you wear glasses on the day of your procedure.
- Please leave all valuables at home, including jewelry, contact lenses, etc. If you are wearing any jewelry, it will need to be removed prior to the surgery. Any jewelry that cannot be removed will need to be cleared by the surgeon, taped, and a jewelry waiver signed. Some surgeries may not be done without removal of the jewelry.
- Arrange for transportation from a responsible adult over the age of 18 prior to surgery. Contact information must be provided upon admission. Please have family member or contact member stay in the waiting room for the duration of the surgery. If permission is given, the surgeon will talk with them following the surgery. For your safety, you will not be discharged without a responsible adult.
- For any patient under the age of 18, they will need to be accompanied by a legal guardian to have consents signed.
- Prior to your surgery, you will meet with our nurses, CRNA’s (anesthesia) and Surgeon who will be available to answer any last minute questions. Our nurses will bring you back to the room, review your health history, sign consents, perform an assessment, and provide education. Our CRNA’s will explain the anesthesia process and visit with you about your health history.